Marlboro Estates offers homes with 2800+ sq. ft. of finished area, big yards and two-car garages. The three cul-de-sacs (Marlboro Dr., Ellicott St. and Fort Ward Place) with Willow Oaks lining its sidewalks on both sides, ornate lighting posts, underground utilities, enhance this lovely community.
Marlboro Estates is adjacent to Ft. Ward Park, adding to its privacy and recreational opportunities. This community is ideally situated for easy access to public and private schools, transportation options and direct access to employment centers such as downtown Washington, DC, the Pentagon, The Mark Center, Crystal City, Rosslyn, Old Town, and military bases.
Facts about Marlboro Estates:
- There are 6 models, the center hall colonial being the most prevalent. All include 2-car garages.
- There are 63 Single Family Homes built between 1977 to 1979
- The median size lot is .22 acres
- Median Finished Living Area (above ground) is 2,852 square feet with a range from 2,090 to 3,245 square feet
- The average sales price range is the mid to upper $800's
- Since 2008, 19 homes have sold for an average of less than 2 per year
- Since 2008, I have been involved in nearly 1/3 of those sales and or listings
I have been a big fan of Marlboro Estates since I sold a home there to my clients in 2009. This amazing community and inviting environment includes friendly people out walking and talking to their neighbors, kids riding bikes, and abundant evidence of pride of home and community ownership. Those clients from 2009 are still there, have added on to their home and don’t have any plans to move. That’s fairly typical of the Marlboro Estate owners, they put down roots and stay, that’s why only two to three houses come on the market each year.
Someday when are driving around and exploring neighborhoods, take a trip to Marlboro Estates, but drive slow and be ready to wave to the neighbors—they will wave back! If you are interested in homes that may be coming on to the market, contract me and I’ll add you to the list of buyers who would like to call this place home.
Contact me for more information.